Since the tragic event at Grenfell Tower in June 2017 there has been a great deal of work carried out to identify buildings that are clad with unsafe products.
O have been involved in building BS8414 test rigs at the BRE to determine whether a current build-up is appropriate and whether an intended installation will pass.
Services that we have carried out on reclad schemes include:
A2O are a LPCB certified installer of passive fire protection under LPS 1531, accredited and regularly audited by the BRE, see more
- Intrusive surveys including reports on current installations
- 3D scans of existing elevations
- Design services for replacement cladding
- Arranging scaffolding and access equipment
- Site management
- Removal and disposal of existing installation
- Installation of new A1 and A2 fire-rated cladding systems
- Installation of new fire barriers to LPS 1531 standards (see below)
In addition to the completed Case Studies below, we are currently recladding several London residential and hotel buildings.